Have you ever drove a car without a speedometer? I don’t think so. Well, using your growing equipment without a proper thermometer humidity meter is not a good idea either.
Although we can sense if it’s more or less hot or moist inside our grow space, these feelings are often just impressions we have at a given time, and don’t reflect the climatic reality of a 24 hours cycle, let alone of a full grow session lasting months.
As a few degrees and little changes in humidity levels can make a great difference in your final yield and a thermo-hygrometers is basically a pretty cheap piece of equipment, it’s ALWAYS a good idea to have a reliable thermometer and humidity monitor in your setup.
Extech 445715 Big Digit Hygro-Thermometer
- Humidity: 10 to 99% RH
- Temperature: 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
- Accuracy: ±4%RH; ±1°C/1.8°F
- Max/Min with reset function
- Complete with built-in stand, mounting bracket, sensor, and 1 AAA battery; optional calibration salt bottles
A very popular item with external probe at a decent price. It has a memory for the highest/lowest values, can be calibrated after some time with an additional kit and unless you plan to use it in a sauna, it does the job quite correctly!
Extech 445814 Stationary Hygro Thermometer Psychrometer with Audible Humidity Alert
- With Certificate of Traceability to NIST
- Large triple display of relative humidity, temperature and dew point
- Alarm with programmable set point gives visual and audible warning when humidity level exceeds high or low limit
- Built-in stand for sitting on a desk or mount on a wall using included bracket
- Recalls minimum and maximum readings
- Ideal monitoring device in humid areas where mold can be a problem
This unit is just a little more expensive and has no external probe. However, the large displays allows a comfortable reading, it has a memory and the best indoor humidity monitor including an additional humidity alert you can set for yourself, allowing you to react in case of high or low humidity.
Ambient Weather WS-07 Big Digit 8-Channel Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer
- Includes an indoor thermo-hygrometer in the console and can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermo-hygrometer sensors at the same from the large digit, uncluttered jumbo display
- Includes one remote thermo-hygrometer and seven additional sensors can be added (F007TH) for comprehensive monitoring
- The uncluttered display console displays temperature and humidity with jumbo 1.25″ LCD characters which can be easily read from across the room
- The scroll mode allows you to view the indoor thermo-hygrometer and remote channels without pressing any buttons. In scroll mode, all of the indoor and detected outdoor sensors will be displayed in five second intervals
- Each remote sensor includes dip switches for channel selection and units of measure (deg F vs. deg C)
- Includes an indoor thermo-hygrometer in the console and can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermo-hygrometer sensors at the same from the large digit, uncluttered jumbo display.
- The WS-07 includes one remote thermo-hygrometer and seven additional sensors can be added (F007TH) for comprehensive monitoring.
This device takes climate control to the next level. It’s cheaper than the two previous ones and offers more. The unit is composed of a main console, featuring a thermo hygrometer and a large display, which allows you to connect and monitor wirelessly up to 8 more sensors, one of them being offered. A good option if you have several grow rooms.
Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Three Remote Sensors
- One indoor thermo-hygrometer inside the console, and three remote thermometer-hygrometer sensors (F007TH), all displayed at the same time.
- The display console can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermo-hygrometer sensors.
- Includes audible and visual alarms when temperature and humidity exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm settings.
- Includes three remote thermometer-hygrometers, and five additional sensors can be added (F007TH, F007TP, F007T, F007PF) for comprehensive monitoring.
- The console displays temperature and humidity, minimum and maximum temperature and humidity, which can be manually reset.
This is the high end device. As the previous one, it’s designed to allow up to 8 additional wireless sensor connections. The screen is larger, it displays up to 4 sensors at the same time allowing you to have a fast overview, and it features visual and audible alarm for preset temperatures and humidity levels. This is the best indoor hygrometer and indoor temperature monitor in our selection, obviously handy for big scale growers!