The Best Cannabis Oil starts from the Right Cannabis Strain
- 1 cup of cooking oil (any brand will do)
- 1 cup of cannabis flower, ground
- Grinder (use a basic hand grinder since coffee grinder and blenders tend to pulverize the cannabis causing it to have bad taste)
- Cheesecloth or strainer
- Slow cooker, double-boiler, or saucepan
- Start by grinding the cannabis – you can use the whole plant or the flower only, or a combination of both, it depends on your preference. Just don’t grind it into very fine pieces since anything that’s small enough to pass through the strainer will mix with your final product.
- Mix the cannabis and oil in the slow cooker or double-boiler. Heat the mixture on low or warm for several hours. The heat will trigger decarboxylation or the process of activating THC without burning – which could potentially damage the active ingredients. You can cook the mixture in different methods. Using a slow cooker, cooking time will run for 4-6 hours under low heat and you need to stir it occasionally. If you use a saucepan, the cooking time will last for 3 hours under low heat and you need to frequently stir it since the mixture is prone to burning. Lastly, if you use a double-boiler, the cooking time will be 6-8 hours under low heat with occasional stirring. Add a little amount of water to the mixture to prevent scorching. Take note that no matter what method you select, the temperature of the oil shouldn’t go beyond 245°F.
- Strain the oil and store it properly. Pro tip: don’t squeeze the cheesecloth since it will only add extra chlorophyll to your cannabis oil. You can throw away the rest of the plant material or use it for other dishes. The shelf life of the oil can last for about two months, but it can be prolonged by refrigerating it.
Growing Your Plant with cannabis pots
If you want to cultivate cannabis but you don’t reside in the United States, accessing seeds can be a bit of a challenge for you. Good thing for online marijuana seed banks. They eliminate the hassle of purchasing premium-grade seeds that you can utilize to cultivate your very own cannabis at home, at your store, or other places that you like. You just need basic items to grow weed and mind you, these are all very easy to find. If you are planning to join the growing population of indoor cannabis pots growers, then you should learn how to grow marijuana. It isn’t as complicated as you think it would be. You just need to have simple tools such as seeds, lights, and fans.
Use a quiet inline duct fan
When growing cannabis indoor, whether inside a tent or room, investing in a high-quality quiet inline duct fan is very important. With this equipment, you can provide an adequate amount of C02 to your plants and regulate airflow inside your growing area. This will combat stale air inside the room while bringing in more fresh air for your young plants.
Choosing The Sturdy 4 inch inline duct fan
Proper ventilation is important for your plant’s growth and you should invest in a good quality duct fan. A 4-inch inline duct fan will fight off humidity and heat accumulation inside your grow room by regulating air circulation. With this, your young plants will be free from fungal invasion and any factors that could hinder their growth.
Lighting Up the Grow Tent with Yield Lab Grow Lights
For indoor cannabis growing, 600W HID lamps are the ideal fixtures. These offers all the good stuff that a grow light can give without consuming too much energy. One great example is the Yield Lab Grow Lights, 600W HPS Set. It offers the following features:
- 1x Yield Lab 600W Digital Dimmable Electronic Ballast with three dimming options: 50%, 75%, 100%
- 1x HPS Bulb; 90,000 lumens; 24,000 hours; 30% more blue spectrum
- 1 x Yield Lab Air Cool Hood Reflector
- 1 x MH Bulb; 61,000 lumens; 10,000 hours; 5,500K, Contains blue spectrum
- Excellent warrant. Bulbs: 1 year, reflector and ballast: 3 years
- Easier climate control
- Made of good quality materials
- Makes growing simple and uncomplicated