Best 4 inch carbon filter for grow rooms (Updated 2018)
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 4 inch carbon filter for grow rooms (Updated 2018)
- 1.1 Best Carbon Filter Comparison Table
- 1.1.1 iPower 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control Scrubber for Duct Inline Fan, Reversible Flange, Prefilter Included
- 1.1.2 Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter, 6 by 16-Inch, 400 CFM
- 1.1.3 Phresh Duct Silencer 4 in x 12 in
- 1.1.4 Phresh Filter 4 in x 12 in 200 CFM
- 1.1.5 VenTech VT IF4+CF4 IF4CF412 Inline Duct Fan with Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo
- 1.1.6 VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan
- 1.1.7 iPower 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control Scrubber for Duct Inline Fan, Reversible Flange, Prefilter Included
- 1.1.8 Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter, 6 by 16-Inch, 400 CFM
- 1.1.9 Phresh Duct Silencer 4 in x 12 in
- 1.1.10 Phresh Filter 4 in x 12 in 200 CFM
- 1.2 Carbon filters review
- 1.3 Get Free eBook
- 1.4 Check your email and please confirm subscription!
- 1.1 Best Carbon Filter Comparison Table
Although there has been a lot of progress in various national laws around the world those past few years, our plants are still considered illegal in many places, exposing us to potential legal problems.
As much as we all love the sweet smell of our crops and enjoy noticing its impressive increase during the final stages of our culture, it can become a serious issue for most of us.
Make Sure Air is Circulating Through Your Garden
Inline fans are essential for growing cannabis in a tent or grow room. Growing indoors with the right equipment allows you to have more growing seasons per year.
That’s why carbon filters for grow rooms are so handy! The activated carbon they contain will absorb anything from the exhausted air, helping you gain grow room odor control and keeping you safe from nosy neighbors and law enforcement agents.
On top of that, a grow tent with the best carbon filter eliminates any airborne pathogens potentially harmful to your plants.
Best Carbon Filter Comparison Table
Most new growers underestimate the smell’s power and will rush to buy filters in a hurry when confronted with its pervasive presence. In order to avoid this situation and before choosing the top carbon filter you should consider:
- Your fan’s CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), it’s the most frequent rating you’ll find on your fan and represents the air volume it can suck out during a minute. Your filter rating must always exceed it (ideally by 20 to 30%) to ensure a good exhaustion.
- Vacuuming the filter before first use to remove carbon particles, as they can be very hard to remove. You can even do it outside for more security.
- Being careful if using a cheap inline fan and carbon filter. Inline fans like the one in your bathroom are often not powerful enough for carbon filters, resulting in a short lifespan.
So remember a good filter is useless without a proper exhaustion.
Carbon filters review
- 1050+ IAV Australia charcoal
- Reversible flange
- Pre-filter included
- Odor control for better privacy
- Cleaner air to promote better health
This is our top pick! We highly recommended it as it offers the best balance between price and efficiency. Its Australian virgin charcoal will provide an odorless air exhaustion for several sessions.
It features a pre-filter to prevent excessive dust from clogging the inside and detailed instructions to open the can and reverse the filter, increasing its lifespan.
- 46mm (18″) RC-48 activated, certified virgin carbon bed
- Flange & pre-filter included
- Unique “Anti Air Bypass” System
- Sealed, bagged, boxed and labeled directly after manufacture for optimum life span
- handling and presentation
- Large selection of sizes available to fit any application
This Phresh carbon filter is a high-end product. With a reported service life exceeding two years, it’s among the most performant models on the market. Slightly longer than the previous one, it is sturdy built with good quality materials and thus relatively light-weighted.
It’s a really good item but its cost is higher. We recommend it for those with a bigger budget!
- Sound reducing acoustic foam decreases fan noise by up to 50%
- Use with fans in conjunction with carbon filters, light systems and more
- Attach a Phresh Silencer to the intake or exhaust side of a fan; Use on both sides for maximum sound reduction
- Durable and light weight aluminum body; Compact size is easy to install
What we love:
- It’s long lasting – up to 2 years
- It is available in many sizes
- It’s very light
- It’s easy to install
What needs improvement:
– Read full review of this filters here – Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter
Phresh Filters are the lightest available. It is all thanks to aluminum top and bottom. Aluminum is light, so it significantly allows to reduce the weight of the whole product. The company also came up with a way to place inside the RC-48 Australian activated carbon that makes the filter more efficient and light. This special carbon is very absorbent thanks to its porous surface. Manufacturer, for best results, also used the purest form of charcoal called “activated virgin” carbon. Such construction allows the filter to absorb up to 108,3% of its own weight. On top of that, the unit keeps 99,9% of bugs, moulds, pollen and dust away
Although Phresh 70100 and other filters of this company are one of the more expensive, they do have a long lifespan. When used according to manufacturer guidance the product can last up to 2 years. Such long span is partially due to high-quality pre-filter fitted within the unit.
Worth the investment, this duct silencer will match any 4’’ ducting, reducing noise nuisance a fair bit. It’s very light and comes highly recommended for those of you with smaller structure grow tents who wish to have a noiseless environment.