Table of Contents
- 1 Led grow lights vs hps
- 2 Our 5 Best Led Grow Lights For Cannabis
- 2.1 Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w 12-band LED Grow Light – DUAL VEG/FLOWER FULL SPECTRUM
- 2.2 Galaxyhydro LED Grow Plant Light 300w Hydroponic Plant Grow Lamp
- 2.3 MarsHydro Mars300 and Mars600
- 2.4 KingTM 1200w Power Full Spectrum 360-860nm 10bands for Plants Grow and Bloom
- 2.5 TaoTronics E27 Growing Lamp 12w in Best 3 Bands Growing Combination (660nm and 630nm Red and 460nm Blue)
- 2.6 EcoSuma 120-Degree Beam Angle Big Irradiated Area 12W E27 Tri-Band Spectrum
When I was a kid, there was no internet, mobile phones or fancy high tech gadgets that are common nowadays. We all came to appreciate them as they are comfortable and meet our evolving needs with increasingly complicated technology. And so do our plants!
Although many have changed in our grow-boxes this last decade, nothing have improved more than the lighting systems. Read how to How to choose among 1000 watt grow lights here Plantsily.com/grow-lights/1000-watt-hps-vs-led-lights.
Offering a more efficient light source with multiple custom functions, the best led grow lights for growing weed allows us to grow our plants using less electricity, and reducing our impact on the environment as well as our power bills.
Led marijuana grow lights are now well widespread among grow rooms and there’s a reason for that!
Led grow lights vs hps
-High energy conversion efficiency
-Good color rendering and temperature
-Low decline of light efficiency
-Instant startup at full potential
-No toxic materials
-Low maintenance cost
-low heat output
|-High investment cost|
|-Poor color rendition|
-Short working life
-High power consumption
-High maintenance cost
-Low color temperature
-Slow startup heating
Looking at this chart you can see better why people are becoming crazy with those grow lights!
For example a 400 watt led will cost you more at the beginning but will produce more than a 400W HPS (Learn more about HPS bulbs here https://plantsily.com/grow-lights/hps-high-pressure-sodium-bulbs-review/)
Read more about it here: http://www.raysace.com/hps-grow-lights-versus-led-grow-lights-which-is-best/
To help you choose the one that fits your personal project let’s have a quick look at what is available on the market in terms of led grow lights for sale.
Our 5 Best Led Grow Lights For Cannabis
Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w 12-band LED Grow Light – DUAL VEG/FLOWER FULL SPECTRUM
- Platinum LED lights have the HIGHEST PAR/LUMEN OUTPUT PER WATT of any grow light! 2x-3x the intensity of any other lights!
- SUPERIOR 12-band full spectrum from the depths of UV to the heights of IR – The most complete and efficient spectral output available
- Selectable VEG/FLOWER switches with 2x high speed whisper quiet fans plus ALL NEW upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks
- 400w HPS replacement with 4.5ft x 3.8ft coverage at 18″ height – PERFECT for compact applications or using multiple units for even coverage
- COMPLETE 5 YEAR WARRANTY
This one is our top choice and although we have plenty of lamps already if we had to buy one now, it would be this one!
Even if it comes at a price, the investment is clearly worth it as it can easily replace a 400W HPS bringing better color rendering, a higher PAR output and has a 5 years warranty on top of that.
Please check our full review of Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w before buying!
Galaxyhydro LED Grow Plant Light 300w Hydroponic Plant Grow Lamp
- Size: 12.1*8.2*2.4inch
- 3w Brand Epileds high power Par Value ensured, high lumen, high brightness.
- 9 band with IR & UV. IR has the function of promoting flowering and veg, UV has the function of sterilization.
- Package Included: 1-led light, 1-power cord, 1-stainless steel rope hanger .
- 2 Years Warranty, 30 days money back, Zero Maintenance Cost, Hassle-free Warranty. If you’re not satisfied with light or service, please contact us and give a chance to make improvements, we’ll try our best to help you.
This one is also good choice if you’re on a lower budget, as it comes for nearly half the price of the previous one. Users point a very effective light but are sometimes experiencing minor hardware issues and complain about the lack of a power switch.
MarsHydro Mars300 and Mars600
If you are new to growing indoors and are looking for an inexpensive grow light:
- The MarsHydro lights can provide you with an almost fool proof option for perfecting the right light recipe needed to encourage higher growth yields.
- This particular led light is excellent for seedlings, cloning and vegging.
- This light offers a balanced spectrum with a heavy emphasis on red lights, making it ideal for those searching for a decent cannabis grow light.
The Mars300 and 600 led grow lights can provide growers with several advantages over traditional HID or fluorescent light options. Offering customers a less expensive route for early growing stages. Not ideal for flowering, however this light will still get the job done
KingTM 1200w Power Full Spectrum 360-860nm 10bands for Plants Grow and Bloom
- Latest King Version Light for plants, using effective full spectrum 360-870nm sunlight spectrum for plants, largely accelerate the plant growth.
- Compare with the previous lights, King Light use high par value and high lumen lighting for the plant growth.
- It can be used to enhance the growth of different plants (medical plants, vegetables, herbs and flowers ).
- Solid lamp body can last for long time.
This panel will provide you with a lot of lumens for a little cash! it’s a very powerful panel and you can’t beat the price! Although one might want to be cautious with cheap gear, it seems to work nicely and deliver what’s expected for growing cannabis with this type of light.
TaoTronics E27 Growing Lamp 12w in Best 3 Bands Growing Combination (660nm and 630nm Red and 460nm Blue)
- 12 LEDs (3 blue & 9 red), ultra bright.
- Low power consumption，high luminous efficiency and long service life.
- These growing lamps emit the wavelength of light which can be fully absorbed by the plants photosynthesis; 660 and 430nm; 630 and 460nm are respectively 4 peaks of growth spectrum for maximum chlorophyl A and B production.
- This plant growing light can rapidly improve the health of plant and growing, generally more leaves popping up within 2 weeks of using this growing lamp on a daily basis.
- TaoTronics plant growing lighting is designed to fit standard E27 socket, brilliant all metal housing, Easy to set up and use – no special lamp needed, a desk lamp will do
These bulbs are nothing powerful like the previous panels but they’ll do a great job in small grow boxes (exp. www.plantsily.com/grow-tent/3×3-reviews), are sturdy and have a lot of satisfied users. The have the advantage to plug-in in regular sockets, and you can combine a few of them to light a larger space.
EcoSuma 120-Degree Beam Angle Big Irradiated Area 12W E27 Tri-Band Spectrum
- The effect is quite significant, growing 3 times faster than the natural growth of plant.
- The best proportion of red and blue of LED Growth Light is from 4: 1 to 9: 1 in general. When the LED supplements light to the plant, the general height is about 1.7ft from the blade.
- Blue (460nm) and red (660nm) of the LED provide the exact light for plants.
- 6pcs 660nm LED, 3pcs 630nm LED, 3pcs 460nm LED, this bulb has a long lifespan. Enhanced passive cooling system allows for reduced junction temperature, even 24 hours a day.
These are cheap lights for indoor plants, like the previous ones they can be screwed straight in an E27 socket, making it the good choice for small indoor spaces, or in addition to other light sources.
I hope you enjoyed our review on the best led grow lights for Cannabis! Don’t forget to check our website regularly for all-new reviews about the latest gear on the market!