2018 Updated Review – Galaxyhydro LED 300w Grow Light
Table of Contents
- 1 2018 Updated Review – Galaxyhydro LED 300w Grow Light
- 100pcs LEDs, brighter than other LEDs.
- 3w Epileds high power Par Value ensured, high lumen, high brightness.
- 100pcs LEDs included UV(ultraviolet) & IR(infrared) led. UV function: sterilization, kill bacteria which seriously influence plants flowering & growing. IR function: promoting cell division and flowering & vegetables, increase yield in a certain degree.
- 2 cooling fans = better heat dissipation. Light won’t generate any ultra heat even works 18hrs a day; keep light has longer service life.
- Zeners exit, the function is protect LEDs from stopping working while one LED is broken.
Galaxyhydro LED 300w Overview
The Galaxyhydro LED grow light has a professional light proportion that emits 9 bands. It does include red and blue spectra, and the necessary wavelengths in the UV and IR range. The Galaxyhydro wavelengths are designed to provide a quality PAR value, which is shown to be the best way to optimize plant development, growth, and to produce a higher plant yield [Infographic]. The importance of the photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) is a principal element to this grow light because not all of them offer enough light to support adequate PAR values. But we’re still wondering if it is efficiently built to sustain the needs of an indoor grower.
Our Initial Thoughts
Although almost every LED light technology is relatively expensive, the Galaxyhydro LED is a contender in the realm of inexpensive alternative to the higher priced LED lights. Our Galaxyhydro LED review revolves around the technology based, budget friendly option, but we’re wondering if it can make it through all the phases of growth needed to be considered the best LED grow light for the cost?
|Dimmable||We like the convenience of the dimmable feature. You can easily adjust the light intensity based on your specific needs, rather than having to adjust the height throughout growth cycles. This is a huge plus for growers who like to fine tune their growing process to optimize results.|
|Full Spectrum LED Light||This full spectrum LED grow light for sale provides a combination of 9 different bands that include both UV and IR. It also includes blue light spectra and red light spectra, with the addition of white light. The light spectrum covers 430 to 730 nanometers, which makes this led light suitable for all stages of plant growth.|
|300 Watts?||Although the manufacturer states the Galaxyhydro 300w light is rated for 300w, the actual power drawn from the wall is below the rated wattage. The 300 watts is simply the maximum wattage that the total numbers of diodes are rated. We had higher expectations for this budget grow light and information not complied from Galaxyhydro show that the actual power draw is closer to 170 watts.|
|Light Spectra||UV 380~400nm, 430~440nm, 450~460nm, 470nm, 610~615nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm, white light, IR~730nm. Blue and red light spectra support the enhanced PAR value, giving the grower a decent "light recipe" for optimal growth.|
Bonus Features: No Maintenance and Excellent Warranty
Much like other LED lights, maintenance is next to nothing. This holds true for the Galaxyhydro as well, making it one of the best features. There are no bulbs or ballasts needed to efficiently maintain this grow light (exp.of 1000W grow light https://plantsily.com/grow-lights/1000-watt-hps-vs-led-lights/). Additionally, we were surprised with the 2 year warranty on this panel. The rating is for a 50,000 hour lifespan, which is longer than 2 years. The company makes purchasing the Galaxyhydro LED 300w beneficial to consumers, providing peace of mind to growers. Because other inexpensive LED panels often have a higher rate of failure, the warranty is a huge bonus for us.
LED Chip Overview:
- Contains epileds
- This LED panel uses one hundred 3 watt epileds
- The epileds are set to a mixed angle proportion with some lights at 90 degrees and others are adjusted to 120 degrees
- Helps with consistent coverage and minimizes the risks of hot spots
Pros and Cons of the Galaxyhydro 300w
- Saves growers money and energy by using LEDs over other lights
- The Galaxyhydro 300w is energy efficient
- Provides full spectrum to achieve necessary PAR
- Combines red, blue, white, UV and IR light with a proportional method that amplifies red and blue light for best possible growth and yield
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
- A small, and compact device with the benefit of efficiency and weighs under 8 lbs to accommodate indoor growers
- Placement can be closer than other LED panels without burning the plants out. This permits growers to have better light penetration into the plant canopy
- Based on reviews the wattage is lower than stated by manufacturer which can result in a lower plant ratio a grower can successfully produce
Our Final Results
Our initial thoughts revolved around the comprehensive value this LED light for cannabis growers as a budget friendly option compared to other LED lamps. Under close examination and review, the Galaxyhydro 300w could benefit an indoor grower to begin a grow project with several plants. Additionally, the Galaxyhydro covers all the light bases needed by incorporating red, blue and white lights with UV and IR. This LED light is not necessarily the best, but a decent lamp for the price.
The 2 year warranty is a definite plus. Additionally, the dimmable feature is great because not many other grow lights offer this feature. This light can also be linked with a daisy-chain feature which allows growers to reduce the amount of power cords and outlets needed in grow area. My hope is this comprehensive LED grow light review helps you decide if the Galaxyhydro 300w is the right purchase for your indoor growing needs.