Grow Tent Heaters Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Grow Tent Heaters Review
- 1.1 Introduction to grow room heater systems
- 1.2 Our Recommendations for Grow Tent Heaters
- 1.2.1 Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostates
- 1.2.2 Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater
- 1.2.3 Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
- 1.2.4 DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W
- 1.2.5 Vornado VMH500 Whole Room Metal Heater with Auto Climate
- 1.2.6 Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostates
- 1.2.7 Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater
- 1.2.8 Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
- 1.2.9 DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W
- 1.2.10 Vornado VMH500 Whole Room Metal Heater with Auto Climate
- 1.3 We Reviewed 6 Of The Best Heaters For Grow Tent
- 1.3.1 1. DeLonghi TRN0812T Portable Oil-Filled Radiator with Programmable Timer
- 1.3.2 2. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater
- 1.3.3 3. Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater
- 1.3.4 4. Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
- 1.3.5 5. DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W
- 1.3.6 6. Vornado VMH500 Whole Room
- 1.4 This are additional products we suggest you buy with heaters.
- 1.5 Get Free eBook
- 1.6 Check your email and please confirm subscription!
Introduction to grow room heater systems
I always enjoy when winter shows up. Cold weather, ice and snow always bring happy childhood memories back to life. Unfortunately, my plants don’t feel the same way at all!
In fact, if you want the best growth and flowering conditions, temperature inside the box (more about the tents www.plantsily.com/grow-tent) should always be as follows:
- lights-on cycle, between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit
- lights-off cycle, between 64 and 71 degrees Fahrenheit
So you better be ready for those heavy temperature drops!
Our Recommendations for Grow Tent Heaters
We Reviewed 6 Of The Best Heaters For Grow Tent
There are various types of heaters you may use, but be advised using ceramic heaters may be harmful to your plants. The hot ventilated air they blow dries up the atmosphere resulting in a low humidity level, which can be unadapted during vegetative period especially for clones and seedlings. Moreover, they can cause damages and even burn whatever is placed directly next to the heating unit itself, or too close to it.
Most growers on a budget usually use oil filled heaters while professionals go for heaters fitted directly in the inlet ducting.
1. DeLonghi TRN0812T Portable Oil-Filled Radiator with Programmable Timer
- Compact size fits everywhere.
- Safe-to-use in the bathroom with the GFI plug.
- Energy-saving timer with 96 settings allows you to heat rooms for any desired amount of time, and lets you select different time periods throughout the day and night.
- Maximizes radiant heat flow while maintaining a low surface temperature with vertical thermal chimneys.
- Customize your heating needs with the adjustable thermostat and three heat settings.
This a simple indoor heater, cheap and long-lasting. It’s small and will fit in your tent no matter the size. It will provide a smooth and even heat production. It features a thermostat, and even an energy saving timer, making it easy to program according to your night and day cycles.
It’s a sufficient heating for grow room, and your plants will thank you in due time!
2. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater
Portable and compact, this ceramic heater can warm a growing tent without making any discomfort to your neighbors. It is a great cost-effective solution for those who want to keep one grow room or tent warm rather than warming up a large area. This little yet powerful heater fits in just about any place thanks to its small size and compact design. Weighing only 4 pounds, it is highly portable and easy to pack.
The heater is equipped with an adjustable thermostat that lets you easily set a preferred temperature. By combining low and high temperature settings along with a fan-only setting, you will have full control over the heating of your tent.
The auto overheat system is meant to prevent the heater from getting too hot. It employs a thermal overload protector which gets the device to power off if it reaches a dangerous temperature. This useful feature keeps both the heater and plants safe from damages. Note that all controls are manual.
- Decent heat output
- Auto overheat protection
- Temperature setting is quite steady
- Two heat settings + Fan setting
- Manual controls
- No programmable timer
3. Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater
With this ceramic heater, you get efficacious heat energy in a small device. The Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater is very easy to operate and it features a user-friendly, compact design.
Many people find it perfect for small grow tents in particular. Keep in mind that this heater is not capable of heating up a large grow room. As a matter of fact, the heater works best for a tent of up to 140 sq. ft. Furthermore, it’s easy to carry and very lightweight.
The ceramic technology includes two temperature settings, an adjustable thermostat, cool touch durable housing, overheat protection, and auto-off tip over switch. All these components work in sync to provide 1500W output. That’s quite enough for a smaller grow space.
- Two heat settings
- Durable cool touch housing
- Adjustable thermostat
- Auto-off switch
- Modern compact design
- Only favorable for small spaces
- Thermostat may quit working after a while
4. Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater
The Vornado MVH is a versatile space heater that provides a good level of control and energy for warming up an average-sized grow tent. You’ll likely be surprised by its performance, whatever the case may be. Same goes for effectiveness and efficiency.
The device in question uses Vortex heating technology which enables the air to warm up and circulate throughout the room. The air gets hot evenly and quickly so that the entire tent will be warm and favorable for your plants. It runs pretty quiet while delivering heat under various circumstances. As a result, you get consistent heat.
In contrast to most grow tent heaters that come with a metal front grill, the Vornado MVH heater is fitted with a hard plastic grill on the front. The air exiting the unit has a max temperature of 120°F, meaning you can safely put your hands on the grill.
This little heater comes with 3 heat settings, cool touch housing, adjustable thermostat, automatic shut-off, and tip-over protection. The maximum heating power is 1500 watts.
- User-friendly design
- Space efficient
- Quiet operation
- Protection from tipping
- Flimsy construction
- Not so good for large growing tents
5. DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W
According to the manufacturer, you can save up to 27 percent on your energy bills with this oil-filled radiator heater. That’s because it maintains the optimal air temperature of the room by means of special thermal slots. The heater actually maintains a low surface temp while boosting heat flow. That makes a big difference in warming up an indoor space in cold weather.
There are a total of seven permanently sealed oil-filled heating elements for higher heating capacity. You can switch between three heat settings when adjusting the output level. The low-temperature setting provides a 700W output; it goes up to 800 Watts at medium heat setting; the heater generates 1500 Watts at the highest setting. That ensures optimal energy-efficient operation and significant energy saving. All you need to do is select a heat setting that works best for your plants.
In addition to growing tents, this portable oil-filled radiator is also suitable for medium grow rooms. It’s equipped with a variety of safety features, including thermal cutoff, antifreeze setting that prevents pipes from freezing. No assembly required. It comes with built-in smart-snap wheels that perfectly snap into place.
- High-quality patented steel assembly
- Adjustable thermostat
- ComforTemp Button
- Patented thermal slots
- 3 heat settings
- Minor oil leakage
- Clicking noise
6. Vornado VMH500 Whole Room
If you are looking for an all-metal grow tent heater with cool-touch housing, look no further. The Vornado VMH500 is a great choice for you. This small heater features two heat settings along with two LED displays that allow for cross-room viewing, a discreetly integrated cord storage, a powder-coated, cool-touch metal cabinet, auto-climate control, and 12-hour auto-off timer. You also get a remote control as well as a carry handle for easier portability.
The comfort and efficiency are guaranteed. Not only that this small device has the look of the classic heater, but it does the job very well. The Vornado “knows” how much circulation and heat are required to maintain an ideal temperature and it makes adjustments accordingly. It utilizes Vortex Action, a special airflow, to warm all the air inside a tent. The warm air moves fast yet gentle in order to make a unique heating experience for plants. This goes a long way toward achieving the better yields.
The push-button controls involve two heat settings, a fan option, and 12-hour timer. A metal grill is placed on the front of the heater to keep dust away from inner components, whereas the cord storage on the back securely stores excess cord inside the tray.
- Intelligently consistent comfort
- Discreet cord storage
- Push-button controls
- Cool touch cabinet
- Front-facing LED display
- Remote control only works when you are a few feet away from the unit
- It hardly blows air at low heat setting
This are additional products we suggest you buy with heaters.
1. Sentinel GPS BTC-1a PB Basic Plug Box Temperature Controller
- It is designed to control fans, heaters, air conditioners and other equipment in gardens
- It features a readily visible switch to alternate between cooling and heating
- Easy-to-read dials make programming daytime and nighttime settings uncomplicated
This is a temperature controller and programmer, allowing you to plug various devices and set up precise preferences for the night and day cycles. What is great with it, is you can reverse it and use it during summer to get rid of all the extra heat!
2. Easy Heat EH-38 Freeze Thermostatically Controlled Valve and Pipe Heating System
- Thermostatically controlled pipe heating system
- For use with Easy Heat Freeze Free cable
- For dry locations only
- Power indicator light that lights up when the thermostat is energized
- Shuts off power when the temperature rises to 50-degree F/10-degree C
This is a basic thermostat outlet, it will let electricity through every time the temperature drops under 50 degrees, which is a bare minimum, and the device plugged-in will then be powered. It can be a good way to avoid real freezing if you want to control your energy bills.
For more tips, don’t forget to check on our page regularly. We provide the most up-to-date reviews for any growing equipment you may need!