Marijuana is a plant which is cultivated worldwide. It also grows in the wild in many parts of the world. In Asia, it has been known to grow wild and in some regions it is left to grow on its own. In other parts of the world, like in North America feral marijuana is most probably from plants or seed disposed by former growers. Users from all countries also grow weed on their own. Given the right conditions, weed can grow in any soil and in almost all climates.
People who want to be cannabis growers ask, “where does marijuana plant grow naturally?” Basically, marijuana can grow anywhere if you have the right seeds. You can easily buy marijuana seeds online. Today, marijuana is largely found in South Asia especially in Afghanistan. And in America, South America holds the largest production of the plant.
The following are the other names or slang terms for Marijuana:
- Mary Jane
Appearance of Marijuana
How to Use Marijuana
Joint is known as the method of using marijuana as a cigarette while “bong” is when the drug is smoked in a water pipe or using a “vape” pen to be vaporized. “Hit” is the single consumption of smoke from a tube or joint. It can also be combined in food and eaten or made as a tea. Moreover, “blunts” is a process of smoking marijuana in cigarettes.
In some states where marijuana is now legal, more and more marijuana has become “edibles” and are marketed in retail establishments as candy, baked goods, chocolate, brownies, gummy bears, cookies and even as pizza.
Some people use the practice of dabbing, which means they smoke the THC-rich resins extract of marijuana. These come in different forms such as hash oil (with a consistency of a gooey liquid), shatter (hard, amber-colored solid) and wax (a soft solid that looks like lip balm). These contain large amounts of THC.
How Long Does It Take to Grow Marijuana?
The most common question from people who are interested in becoming a cannabis grower is “how long does it take to grow marijuana?” This is a good question as every new marijuana grower should know how much work they need to grow the plant. The answer is 3-5 Months for an average indoor grown marijuana plant.
Effects of Using Marijuana
As a narcotic and hallucinogenic, the short-term effects of marijuana that can be seen or noticed on a user are a difficulty with problem-solving and thinking, loss of motor coordination, disordered learning and memory, increased heart rate, and nervousness and distorted awareness (sounds, sights, time, touch). Worse effects are there when a person combines marijuana with other drugs and alcohol. They can develop a dry mouth.
Cannabis Growing Supplies and Terms
- Deep Water Culture or DWC– This is a kind of hydroponics system where the hemp plant roots continually sit in extremely oxygenated water and nutrient solution.
- Aeroponics – This is the process of growing plants in a mist or air environment, without the use of an aggregate medium or soil.
- Metal Halide or MH – This is the process of using light to produce very hot and high energy. It also produces a blue light which is used during the growth stage of the plant.
- Hydroponics – The method of growing hemp plant without soil is called Hydroponics. The plants are instead grown in the mixture of water and liquid nutrients. One best example of a system that utilizes hydroponics is the Grobo One Automated Grow Box.
- High-Pressure Sodium or HPS – This is the gold standard in the marijuana lighting and preferred way to use when hemp plants are flowering. This has an excellent color spectrum. But the light, however, uses a lot of electricity and creates a lot of heat that must be ventilated from the growing area.
- Light Emitting Diode or LED – This is a good lighting solution and the light produces less heat and consumes less energy which makes it perfect for growing in indoors.
- Flowering – This is the stage where the buds start to appear at the nodes of the plant. This needs 12 straight hours without light to start the process.
- Photoperiod – This is the time when the marijuana plant gets light. It requires a 12-hour photoperiod to start the flowering of the cannabis.
- Sprouting – This the period where the plant’s life starts to sprout out of the seed and create its roots.
- Seedling – This is the term used for a young plant that’s from seed.
- Vegging – This is the growth period of the plant. When the roots are established, it requires 18 – 24 hours of light per day for the plant to grow bigger and taller.